~ from the WhiteRose’s Herbal Magick collection ~
This one of the incense blends I created for my shop. I had easy access to all these ingredients. My apologies to those of you who have difficulty procuring them. I make some suggestions at the end to help you.
1 part cinnamon
1 part frankincense
1 part sandalwood
1/4 part lavender
2 drops cinnamon oil
5 drops of myrrh oil
- Mix dry ingredients thoroughly.
- Mix oils together and then add them to the dry ingredients.
- Allow the oils to dry before burning.
- Burn over charcoal in a well ventilated room. An Insight Incense Recipe
- Use only dried herbs.
- Finely chopped and/or ground herbs work best. Use a coffee grinder or food processor to chop herbs. NEVER use a coffee grinder that has been, or will be, used for coffee (because coffee oils will survive washing as do various oils from herbs).
- Can’t find an ingredient? I would recommend checking with your local pagan shop, spice stores, tea shops for ingredients, and online. Grocery stores should be used as a last resort as the quality of the herbs sold isn’t the best (a lesson I learned once I opened my shop).
Please note: These herbs are combined for their magickal properties, not their aromatic properties.
An Insight Incense Recipe.