This pillow contains the herbs needed to promote healing in your life. It works best when combined with other activities designed to promote healing. Simply place the pillow on your bed and let the magic begin. Healing Dream Pillow
- 2 parts Eucalyptus leaves
- 2 parts chamomile flowers
- 1 part spearmint
- 1 part sarsaparilla
- 1 part white sage
- 1 part red clover
- 1/2 part mistletoe
- 5-10 drops ‘Healing’ oil from Astral Sea, Ltd*
- Cotton or Synthetic filler
- 2 squares of fabric, approximately 6″ x 6″ each**
Sew the fabric squares as you would any pillow, leaving an opening to add the herbs. Mix the herbs together. Add the oil & mix well. Allow the oils to absorb into the herbs for a few moments. Stuff the pillow with the filler and then add the herbs. Add more filler if necessary.
Can’t Use an Herbal Dream Pillow? Make it a Pouch!
This can be converted into a charm by placing the herbs in an appropriately colored pouch instead. Skip the filler entirely. Just hang it close to your bed while you sleep.***
* You can purchase this oil online from http://www.incense4u.com. You can also substitute any oil with an appropriate name, use an essential oil (see the list to the right), or skip the oil altogether.
** When I made these for my shop I choose a patterned fabric, usually one with varying shades of green with bits of glitter. Greens or blues are best if using a solid color. Healing Dream Pillow
*** CAUTION: do not place a corded pouch (one with a string closure) anywhere near your head or anywhere you can get caught and/or tangled up in it lest you strangle yourself. Use common sense please!