~ from the WhiteRose’s Mystic Oils collection ~
This is the altar oil I created for my shop. I had easy access to all these ingredients. My apologies to those of you who have difficulty procuring them. I make some suggestions at the end to help you. An Altar Oil Recipe.
1/4 cup of Grape Seed oil
8 drops of Frankincense oil
4 drops of Myrrh oil
2 drops of Cedar oil (or a few pieces)
a shard or two of Cinnamon Bark or 2 drops of the oil*
- Combine all oils, stir gently until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the herbs (if using whole).
- Seal in an airtight container. There is no need to strain out the herbs.
Can’t find an ingredient? I would recommend checking with your local pagan shop, spice stores, tea shops, and online. Grocery stores should be used as a last resort as the quality of the herbs sold isn’t the best (a lesson I learned once I opened my shop). An Altar Oil Recipe.
- You can substitute almond oil, jojoba oil, or other types of base oils.
- Cinnamon bark = broken whole cinnamon sticks.